Friday, December 1, 2017

Are we still doing this?

Do people still blog? I've been listening to so many podcasts these days that I had almost forgotten about these things. I'd also kind of forgotten I even had this blog. Obviously I haven't done much here in a while.

One important update since the last time I appeared here is that I discovered we don't have to put two spaces after each period. Apparently that was some holdover from the typewriter days. So now I've joined the one space club, and life is better here.

Also, I don't really think about the church much. For several years, I was pretty angry about thing, and still thought long and hard about various church topics. I suppose it came with the territory, making that whole journey "out." I formally resigned from the Mormon church back in late 2015. Apparently that event wasn't even worthy of an entry here....whoops. The development that precipitated by formal resignation was that new policy the church came out with about the children of gay couples not being able to be baptized or fully participate until they turned 18. Truly ridiculous and about as un-Christian as you can get. So I sent the only message I still could to the Mormon church and left. (Honestly, I had been waiting for some big blunder like that so that my resignation would be more meaningful.)

Finally, I feel like I used to be a better writer. Maybe I should get back to this blogging thing more regularly!

No comments:

Post a Comment